cant connect to www.ubuntuforums.org

Sam Tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 17:51:27 UTC 2005

hi

I am having problems connecting to www.ubuntuforums.org. the rest of the
web works fine.

"host www.ubuntuforums.org"
returns www.ubuntuforums.org has address 64.21.33.9

so it is not a dns issue.

"ping 64.21.33.9" just waits for hours for a reply

i can connect normally if i take my computer to a cafe with a wireless
hotspot.

i cant reach it from my house mates winxp laptop either.

so it seems like a low level routing issue.

i am connected to tiscali through a linksys wag54g adsl modem/wireless
router.

the router has a ping function, and this cant ping 64.21.33.9. turning
the firewall off on the router makes no difference.

do you think that there is anything i could be doing wrong?
do you know a good way to get my isp (tiscali uk) to help me, i dont
want to spend half an hour going "yes my computer is turned on".

does anyone else use tiscali? can they access the site?

thanks

sam