Wanted: simple mailer for laptop use

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Oct 27 12:39:21 UTC 2005

Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> On 10/27/05, Max Andersen <max at militant.dk> wrote:
>> I use qmail, and postfix seems to be widespread as weel.
>
> on your laptop? postfix seems to be rather noisy in the logs in
> disconnected mode. But I don't know much about postfix configuration.

No kidding.  The whole point is that you _have_ to have an MTA and you don't
want to configure Postfix/Exim/Sendmail/Qmail (almost all of which I've
actually done).

I now use masqmail - it's really simple, my configuration is all in debconf,
it's supported by whereami, and it's really simple :-)

I'm sure you can make any MTA behave nicely when offline, but it was a chore
with all of them.

I originally used masqmail to fetch my mail, too, but eventually went back
to fetchmail, as I couldn't use a secure method to access my servers with
masqmail.
--
derek