Are there any decent Peer To Peer clients working on Ubuntu

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 04:37:59 UTC 2005

On 10/27/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> Yes, so many GUI's for MLDonkey... which is why I can't understand why
> there isn't a single, native Gnome GUI for it out there ! Well at least
> last time I searched in gnomefiles.org, 6+ months ago, couldn't find
> any.
> Hopefully, within 2 or 3 years, the massive and worldwide success of
> Ubuntu will make developers develop more and more for the Gnome platform
> rather than always KDE or multiplatform apps.
> Time will tell...

Well, yes it would be nice to have more GNOME centric apps.
However, as far as mldonkey is concerned, I think we do have a GNOME/KDE
independent GUI interface, don't we?

I have been using mldonkey for some
time, and I have installed only the mldonkey-server package. After that, to
start mldonkey, I run mlnet from the terminal from within the
directory I created
only for mldonkey. Once started, I use the url: http://127.0.0.1:4080 to
do all mldonkey activities.

Regards,