vmware & breezy

John Ruschmeyer jruschme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 17:16:25 UTC 2005

Luis Murillo wrote:

>btw, the kernel is compiled with gcc-3.4 so anything that has to be
>compiled for it must be compiled using gcc-3.4. Could someone fix this
>by compiling the image with gcc-4.0. I had this problem when installing
>the nVidia drivers that where downloaded from the site :S

I don't follow the development lists, but I gather that there must have
been a conscious choice made to do that because early breezy kernels
*were* built with gcc-4.0. Anybody care to shed some light on this?

I can only assume that the final choice was made because of some
incompatibility somewhere.

<<<john>>>