Copying data from NTFS drive

Adam Hamilton aldar25 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 16:57:03 UTC 2005

Be careful from what dir you do these commands!!

su as root or use sudo:
>From the directory that you want to change everything
from root to username:
chown -R username:username *

That will change everything in that dir and below to
username user and username group.

If all the files and dirs are read-only, then
similarily, you can :
chmod -R u+w

Which would make everything in that dir and below
writable by you (u=user).