apt-get upgrade problem

Vram lamsokvr at xprt.net
Wed Oct 26 15:14:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 10:59 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Vram wrote:

> >> Have you ever actually seen this? It generally happens with b0rked
> >> installs
> >> from test (or even non-official) repos.  It shouldn't happen to someone
> >> who's dist-upgrading thee official stable packages.  At this point
> >> practically the _only_ solution available to Vram is a dist-upgrade.
> >
> > I tried dist-upgrade and it just says...   HELD back...
> >
> > See my older post..
>
> D**n!  You did say that, didn't you :-)
>
> What repo is your sources.list currently pointing to?  You've not made it
> clear.
>
> When did you last do apt-get update?
> --
> derek

/etc/apt/sources.list   follows..

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary  main restricted
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary  main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the
Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
security
## team.
 deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe
 deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted

####
# added this for pine
deb http://src.braincells.com/debian woody/
deb-src http://src.braincells.com/debian woody/

#Debian security updates
deb ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security sarge/updates main contrib
non-free
deb ftp://security.debian.org/debian-security stable/updates main
contrib non-free

I think pretty plain list...

And I update and upgrade .. At least every 2nd or 3rd day

Vram