How to use "deborphan" and "debfoster"?

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 05:27:19 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Ali Milis <almilis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> May I know how to keep the integrity of the packages?
> Is there anything else than "deborphan" and "debfoster"?

debfoster and deborphan both take care of removing unused orphaned packages
on your system. i don't know what you mean my package integrity.

The packages that are installed generally do not take up too much space, but
if you should need to remove unused / orphaned packages then you should read
the manpages for the two apps that you have mentioned -- it is hard to
improve on the man pages when it comes to describing them :)

Regards,
Carthik