Yaboot problem

Steven Didier steve.didier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:32:41 UTC 2005

Yes, according to the yaboot how-to " The bootstrap partition should end up
being partition #2, after the partition map itself but before any other
partitions on the disk. You can easily change the order of the partitions in
the partition map using the r command (see the mac-fdisk tutorial). In other
words, it's not the physical placement of the bootstrap partition that
counts, it's the logical order within the partition map. Note, though, if
you have an existing system and you shift the partition numbers around, you
will need to make the appropriate changes in /etc/fstab.

Linux is an experiment for me also but one that I've been "playing with"
since before my switch to the Mac 4 years ago. I'd use it more often if I
could just solve, on a more than temporary basis booting from a firewire
drive. Had it once with YDL 3 and once with Gentoo 2004 but the latest
versions ,including Ubuntu, continue to elude a successful install for me.

Steve