cleaning HP deskjet

Peter Schwenke peter at bluetoad.com.au
Tue Oct 25 23:37:38 UTC 2005

Carl Karsten wrote:
> How do I run the HP Deskjet 812c printer's cartridge cleaning routine?
>
> I installed djtools, but don't see a command to do it.

If that is an older model printer there is a chance that there is no way
of cleaning it under Linux.  I went through this a few years ago with an
850c.  I think the situation was that HP didn't own the IP on the
software for doing it.

There could be a way of doing it through the printer's panel by pushing
buttons.

I've given all those gobblejet printers the flick and bought a very
cheap b/w laser.  Much cheaper to run.

                                                             ...Peter