KDE control center services

David A' Rebel obsidion at xtra.co.nz
Tue Oct 25 19:29:05 UTC 2005

About Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:51 Dave S wibbled about KDE control center
services :
> Thanks for all your help guys,
>
> In KDE under control center I found a services module, looked the ticket
> complete with explanation of services all in a gui. Trouble is my user
> password does not work with it, just says need administrator mode, enter
> password, but still no go.
>
> Is this the same for everyone ?
>
> Dave

 Ok this is what I have done, I've added an item to the menu to call
serviceconfig. Tick the run as a different user and enter root, save and run
it from the menu it will ask for your password enter it, works for me. It
doesn't require the root password because of ubuntus sudo setup. I have
enabled root as a user though, there are times when putting all that sudo
this and sudo that stuff gets on my wick.

--
*~~~~~~DakaR
http://linux.kwister.com