Links in Thunderbird

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:35:37 UTC 2005

On 10/25/05, Art Alexion <art.alexion at verizon.net> wrote:

> Before the last security update to Thunderbird, the connection between
> Thunderbird and Firefox worked fine.ClickingHTTPURLsinmailmessages
> opened the link in Firefox and clicking mailto URLs in Firefox started the
> Thunderbird composer.
>
> The security update seems to have broken this.IhavegottenmailtoURLsto
> work, but HTTP links in messages create a lot of disk activity, but nothing
> happens.
>
> Thinderbird doesn't seem to have anything specific in its preferences.The
> Attachments tab lists helper apps, but does not allow mime type additions.
> My configured helpers list is empty.Yettherearesomedefaultactions.
>
> How are these defaults changed?
>
> I am using Kubuntu Hoary.
>
> - --
>
> _______________________________________
> Art Alexion
> Arthur S. Alexion LLC

Hi Art,

I'm not at my Ubuntu computer right now... If you check in the Ubuntu
main desktop menu under "Preferences" or "Administration" (can't
remember which one), there is an item "Default Applications" I
believe. In there is where you specify internet default applications
(mail, web).

I think putting in "mozilla-firefox" for web should work (you can test
the commandline wording in a terminal shell first if you want).

HTH.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org