startup services

Hodgins Family ehodgins at telusplanet.net
Tue Oct 25 17:21:00 UTC 2005

Good morning!

> Some of them I know I do not need I know I can delve into
> /etc/init.d/.... to rename some services with for example a '_' before
> the name to disable them but is there a nice kde front end for this ?
>
> Even better is there a HOWTO ?
>
> Cheers
> Dave

I also would love to find a HOWTO for disabling startup services. I am
not sure how to identify them.

Y'all might want to have a look at what "Big Brother" has to offer:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch-sec-services.en.html
(Actually, it might not be a bad idea to start at the start of the book --
jumping in at this chapter is a bit intimidating)

Rob