freezing problems

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:41:17 UTC 2005

I once had memory go bad... it started to cause apps to just
*disappear*... no warning, no error, just closed (instantly). Does
this ever happen to you? If it does, then I would suggest getting new
RAM. I replaced it with OCZ Performance DDR RAM with a heatshield. No
problems ever with this.

I think with me I overheated my old RAM when I was using SETI at Home...
hence the reason I bought new RAM that had a heatshield.

BTW, I was using Overclockix (Knoppix-based) distro at that time.

Good luck.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org