Firefox is a PIG on memory var: Respectful critic - thanks.

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Tue Oct 25 16:21:04 UTC 2005

I feel like I hit a nerve on this one, hehehe. All I have to say is
relax a little man. I meant no insult, it is only software. I know some
people get very personal about it, I have in the past as well. I simply
used "pig" as a reference to the amount of memory being used. A web
browser that sucks down 300+mb memory and swap definitely scales into
the "pig" range for me.

And yes, I do contribute bug reports. I have even tracked down the
occasional bug in code and forwarded the fix onto the real development
team before.

Hell, I once had a leak that drew exactly 16k of ram per second. I came
back like 2 weeks later to find numerous gigs of used ram all from this
simple app. I called all the other developers over, we all had a laugh,
and then I fixed the stupid bug. All in fun my man.

Matt