Samba

Tony Ayre localzuk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:46:35 UTC 2005

You said:

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of R S Gill
Sent: 24 October 2005 18:13
To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions
Subject: Samba

Hi All,

Running Breezy on AMD64.

Anyone know how to setup Samba such that is synchronizes its password list
with my Ubuntu box?

I want to be able to change my password in Ubuntu and have the password
updated in Samba.

Thanks in advance.

Gill

---------------------------

I say:

Hi,

Firstly I would advise a look at the following page:

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/passdb.html

There are many different ways to do what you want. Personally, if you want a
simple system, I would advise creating a bash script which asks for the new
password, then runs the passwd command and the smbpasswd command, inserting
this into both - it should be no more than half a dozen lines of code.

Cheers
Tony Ayre
Localzuk