LDAP with Breezy Badger

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Tue Oct 25 11:39:39 UTC 2005

I had that problem too. Now it works, here is how I got it.

You should find in /var/backups/slapd* an *.ldif file, or maybe more
than one, which is a dump of your LDAP directories. Save a copy of them
as soon as possible, and have a look at them just to check you didn't
loose your data.

Change the backend for your directories to "bdb" (mine was "ldbm", it
seems deprecated now).

Clean up or recreate empty dirs (I mean on the file system) if your
config needs so, and try to restart slapd. If it runs, try to populate
your directories with "slapadd -l file.ldif" (for every file you have).

Finally, comment out or put to "no" the variable TRY_BDB_RECOVERY in
/etc/defaults/slapd. At present, I have it commented, and it works.
Actually, it must work because /etc/init.d/slapd checks if it is "yes"
in order to try to recover the database. I wonder why it should do this,
I'm not familiar with BDB.

Sorry, I'm not sure I told you all I did. I hope it could be a start for
you.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico