Firefox is a PIG on memory

Andrew Johnson sevaine at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 25 06:49:14 UTC 2005

I've also had this problem, it's evident with both Thunderbird and Firefox.

As a workaround the moment I'm using Opera as an alternative web browser
- It's grown to around 50 Mb in memory after 8 hours
of usage and I usually run between 5 and 8 tabs at any one time.   I'm
not as comfortable with the interface as I am with the Firefox one, but
the features are similar and the installation is simple.

- AJ