network cards won't connect

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Oct 25 02:56:20 UTC 2005

Bjørn Ingmar Berg said the following on 10/23/2005 01:15 PM:

>On 23/10/05, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:
>

>> I've also tried using a d-link air-plus DWL-650+ WiFi card .
>>
>>The installer recognized the wifi card and the ibm etherjet -- I
>>didn't try the 3com card atthe time.  But despite the recognition, it
>>could not establish an internet connection no matter how I tried [...]
>>

>I have experienced a similar problem:
>http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=78310
>
>I bought the D-Link card specifically after asking in the #ubuntu IRC channel
>if it would work.  One of the friendly gurus there told me that since it was
>based on chipset so-and-so it'd work without problems.  As you can see
>it doesn't.  I think we can conclude the D-Link card is a lost cause.
>

>Regards,
>Bjørn Ingmar Berg

Breezy recognized and is now using my Dlink Air-Plus DWL-G650 without
problems.  Here's a quote from a message I grabbed of another list
recently dated 03-03-2005 : "Unfortunately, G650+ (note the + sign) uses
TI, not Atheros so Ndiswrapper is the only way at the moment (as far as
I know)".  That TI in the quote I assume is Texas Instruments.

--
Ourwoods.org
Charlottesville, Virginia