Just recovered from update disaster

Rainer Gutkas Rainer.Gutkas at kstp.at
Mon Oct 24 16:21:04 UTC 2005

Max Andersen schrieb:

> Rainer Gutkas wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I just wanted to tell you the story of my breezy update from this
>> weekend. I followed the suggestions from ubuntu.com, changes hoary to
>> breezy in sources.list ran apt-get dist-upgrade and found myself
>> without gdm, and a stable gnome-desktop enviroment.
>

> I had a similar experience. Where you running xfree86 instead of xorg ?
>
> Sincerely
> Max

No I was running xorg, but I had XFCE and KUbuntu-Desktop installed too,
if thats probably the problem. Oh and I had a failure with time
synchronisation earlier this year and with my  recovery attemp I
recognized that lots of my data have 1901 as timestamp, which caused
probably some other trouble I got before the update, but to be honest I
can't reproduce the trouble.

MFG,

Rainer