Openoffice 2.0

David david at kenpro.com.au
Mon Oct 24 09:34:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 04:32:18PM +0800, Charles Yao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ive been having problems with openoffice 2.0. It keeps telling me that there
> is an error everytime i launch it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3x
> and its still the same.
> I just recently uninstalled openoffice 2.0 beta. I dont know if that has an
> effect on the installation. The beta files are still in my hard disk. I have
> been trying to get rid of it but it will not allow me to delete.
>
> Charles

I think apt-get on the command line has a --purge option. From my
recollection, this removes lots of subsidiary or non-empty files and
directories normally left behind by deleting packages. Don't take my word
for it though. I would hate to be the cause of you doing something bad :-)
Hopefully somebody else will know what they are talking about !

You can also use the --simulate option to figure out what apt-get is
doing. This is a good option because it actually does nothing but tell
you what it would have done had it done something.

I'm not sure if all these options are available in synaptic because I'm
a CLI junkie.