Manual Installation of OpenOffice 2.0 and breezy order

Alfred Vahau Alf.Vahau at upng.ac.pg
Mon Oct 24 00:20:06 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am running  Ubuntu warthog on a PC. I have downloaded OpenOffice 2.0
for Linux and intend to install it manually. I will remove the old
version of OpenOffice which came as part of warty distribution using
Synaptic menu.
What issues can I expect with the manual installation of OpenOffice 2.0?

I am on a slow network and I want to avoid updating my system to hoary
or breezy. I understand that breezy has been release so can I proceed to
place a shipit order for it. I have a major project coming up which
require alternative desktop applications to MS and breezy and Open
Office 2.0 are likely candidates in the tests.

Alfred,