Breezy, SB LIve Alsa Problem, can't mute line in capture.

David Foster dbfoster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 17:57:21 UTC 2005

OK, I devised an experiment to confirm the problem. I use my desktop machine
which has the same sblive card and also has Warty and Breezy installed. I
plugged an ipod shuffle into the line in port.
With Breezy:
The toggling the mute only cuts volume slightly. I tried with alsamixer, and
gnome-volume-control. Tried the alsa and oss tab on gnome-volume-control.
Still the sound bleeds though.

Reboot into Warty:
Clicking on the line in mute cuts the sound completely yet still allows
recording to the hard drive & listening to another app.

Should this be reported as a bug in alsa? The bug alsa bugtracking site (
http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/) seems to be down. Would this
test be worth repeating on an other sound card?

On 10/22/05, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu <crimsun at fungus.sh.nu> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 07:33:25PM -0700, David Foster wrote:
> > Muting line in has no effect, it still plays to output.
> > turning down capture and it quits recording.
>
> Have you consulted http://alsa.opensrc.org/AudigyMixer ?
>
> --
> Daniel T. Chen crimsun at ubuntu.com
> GPG key: www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc<http://www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc>