Breezy, SB LIve Alsa Problem, can't mute line in capture.

David Foster dbfoster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 02:33:25 UTC 2005

On 10/22/05, crimsun at fungus.sh.nu <crimsun at fungus.sh.nu> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 05:07:27PM -0700, David Foster wrote:
> > amixer output from a fresh boot: I can listen to already recorded shows,
> and
> > no sound is being passed though from line in
>
> You need to execute the following steps:
>
> $ sudo invoke-rc.d alsa force-unload && sudo rm -f
> /var/lib/alsa/asound.state && sudo modprobe snd-emu10k1
>
> Then unmute and adjust the volumes as necessary. Make sure you've
> selected (toggled using space bar in alsamixer) and unmuted the correct
> mixer element(s) for recording.
>
> Ok, tried that, same problem.
I set line in to capture then muted it. (no sound recording yet)
I set capture to capture and turned it up to 75% (sound is now recording)

Muting line in has no effect, it still plays to output.
turning down capture and it quits recording.

any other ideas? I did try enabling the on board sound and using it for
recording, and the sblive for playing. It works but now I remember why I
bought a sound blaster live, the sound is awful.