Splash Screen question

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 22 03:25:03 UTC 2005

I get the same thing when I boot up my laptop on a different network
than it's configured for (for example first time in the morning at the
office after having used it online at home), and the network connection
times out.

I think going back to text mode is simply a time-out thing - the boot
process stalls while it's searching for the network, eventually
continuing with the process after that times out. But if the elapsed
time is too long I guess the splash screen times out as well and sends
me back to the default text mode.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or actually a feature - ubuntu thinks
something is going wrong so it sends you to where you can get the most
information.

--
sas13