Shared Drive

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Fri Oct 21 21:21:58 UTC 2005

http://www.frankandjacq.com/ubuntuguide/5.04/index.html#automountfat

--
[Timothy A. Holmes]

Ok -- im still havin fits here --

I have modified the /etc/fstab file according to the directions listed
above, and remounted, and as root, I can create files with no problem,
however as my normal user, I cannot create files. -- I get a permission
denied error

Checking the permissions indicates that the mount is owned by root:root
and perms are 755

Obviously that isn't gonna work

I also read the following forum post

http://my.opera.com/lounge/forums/topic.dml?id=83440

partway down it indicates that the 2.6x kernel broke umask (breezy uses
2.6.something )

So I tried using the dmask and fmask commands as indicated -- no joy
again

Can someone please suggest a way to do this -- I really would like to
use this laptop this weekend to process some pictures, but if I cant
share this space, I may as well go back to windows XP

TIM