ROX Desktop

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:51:48 UTC 2005

On 21/10/05, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/21/05, Sebastian Bassi <sbassi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > And then how do you start XFCE4 instead of the default Genome?
> >

> Normally, you just click on "Session" before you login, and that gives
> you a menu with all your desktop options. If you don't see XFCE (or
> any other) there, you probably installed using some old-fashioned or
> incomplete method.

[?]

Hmmm?

I just did an

apt-get install sawfish

Nothing was added to /usr/share/xsessions automatically - I had to do it myself.

Is installing via apt "some old-fashioned or incomplete method", then?
I can see how manual tweaking might be needed if you compiled from
source, but frankly, when I used the package manager itself, I didn't
expect to have to manually add the new WM into xsessions. I didn't on
SuSE 9, the last time I tried this.

However, it's not hard to do. All you need to know is the name of the
main binary of the new WM.

--
Liam Proven · http://livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=lproven
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com · MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com