Battery status with Hoary on Acer TM 2301LCi

Mathias Lukas M.Lukas at gmx.net
Fri Oct 21 12:57:23 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to the world of Linux and Ubuntu. I've come as far as
installing Hoary, getting it to work with my wireless card on my Acer
Travelmate 2301LCi and installing all necessary updates and packages with
Synaptic.

However, I seem to have a problem getting my battery status to work with
ubuntu. Does anyone have an idea how to get this damn thing to work and
might be able to explain it to me step by step (newbie-friendly ;). I've
been searching the net for manuals, however I haven't been too successful
yet.

Thanks in advance & have a nice weekend,

Mathias