Wine HQ in Breezy

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Fri Oct 21 09:08:03 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 05:00, Alan Shiflett wrote:
> I have successfully downloaded Wine using Apt but when I used the ternimal
> to try to open up .exe files it said the wine coimmand was not found, so I
> decided I would install it throught the terminal and so I did and it said
> at the end of the terminal line that it was installed, but the wine command
> was still unfound. Does anyone know how to make so wine workls in breezy?

Close that terminal, open a fresh one, and try again.  If it doesn't work,
type

  echo $PATH

and tell us what it says.  Sounds like your shell path has been altered, and
it doesn't know where to find files any more.

You may have also altered the filesystem paths themselves somehow.  Give us
the output of:

 ls -ld /usr /usr/bin

and the output of:

 mount