Create .debs from RPMS for OO2 under AMD 64

Russell Cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 21 10:29:08 UTC 2005

I'm running x86_64 with the generic AMD64 kernel. I didn't think there
was a 64 bit version of OO yet. The OO site only gives a choice of Linux
on x86 not any particular flavour of it. As far as I know, x86_64 Ubuntu
includes 32bit libraries which is what the version supplied with Breezy
64 uses (well they're 32bit libraries in the dependencies section).

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 02:33 -0700, Scott wrote:

> On 10/21/2005 02:03 AM, Russell Cook wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm trying to use alien to convert the OO2 release from *.RPM to *.DEB
> > to do my own install. It fails on the following error:
> > "dpkg-gencontrol: error: current build architecture amd64 does not
> > appear in package's list (i386)"
> >
> > Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
> >
> > Thanks!
>

> Are you running the x86_64 version of Breezy (or Hoary)?  If so, you'd
> need an x86_64 rpm.

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au