breezy amd64 hw tcp v4 csum failed

Russell Cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 21 09:41:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 09:47 +1000, Peter Lieverdink wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 16:20 -0700, Roger Chrisman wrote:
> > Mark Doeglas wrote:
> > > dmesg complains on my upgraded breezy amd64 box
> > >
> > > hw tcp v4 csum failed
> >
> > Mark on AMD64 box,
> >
> > I am reluctant to upgrade my amd64 box to Breezy via apt-get sources as
> > I fear the kernel upgrade may be to a normal 32 bit kernel, not the
> > amd64 kernel, that way. And of course that would not work. If you did
> > that you can probably just boot into your former kernel.
>
> A dist-upgrade doesn't affect the kernel. Of course, amd64 repository
> doesn't in fact contain any 32bit kernels at all, so you can't end up
> with one unless you explicitly install one by hand.
>
> (`apt-cache search linux-image')

I did the dist-update on my 32bit version but recently decided to try
the 64bit version. Luckily I have a separate /boot partition and space
to create a separate root partition so I can dual boot into 32 or 64 bit
at start up. The install went flawlessly: Linux proto
2.6.12-9-amd64-generic #1 Mon Oct 10 13:27:39 BST 2005 x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au
ph. 02 4577 3209