OpenOffice.org 2.0 is finally out!

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Fri Oct 21 04:23:56 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 00:23, 'Forum Post, '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com wrote:
> I'm sure it will appear Real Soon Now, just give the hard-working (&
> probably overworked) Good Folks At Ubuntu(TM) a chance to turn the
> latest upgrade into a .deb file that we can all enjoy. IME, it usually
> takes less than 48 hours.  The Firefox/Thunderbird updates are pretty
> punctual, so I expect this one will be as well.
Please, consider that when making packages you usually recompile it a lot of
times (untill you like what you get). It can easily be 5 to 10 times when I
approach an unknown software that is not very complex. Now, OpenOffice is
very complex, and it takes hours to build. I've seen someone making packages
of OpenOffice once, and it can easily takes days and days.
Be patiente.
--
Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)