OpenOffice.org 2.0 is finally out!

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:26:52 UTC 2005

On 10/20/2005 05:13 PM, Peter Lieverdink wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 17:00 -0700, Scott wrote:
>

>>It's too bad they couldn't have gotten this out a month sooner.
>>
>>That was the longest-lasting beta program I'd seen on any software in
>>quite some time.
>>
>>So my question is, will this show up in breezy-updates or
>>breezy-backports any time soon?
>>
>>I hope so.
>>
>>I'd really rather not have to compile it from source...
>>

>Breezy conatins openoffice2 packages, so there's no reason to not update
>those, to fix outstanding bugs. ;-)
>
>- P.

Sure there is, there is no such thing as "bugs" on beta software. It's
buggy by nature. ;-) It's beta, it's unsupported and they don't have to
do squat if they don't want to.

But since they chose to include a major piece of software in beta vs.
release version, perhaps they'll just do the right thing and provide us
an update sometime during the next 3-4 days eh?

I'll cross my fingers...

Perhaps I can find a way to stir things with the Ubuntu folks. ;-)