MP3 Files Playing in Every Application Except XMMS

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Fri Oct 21 01:03:14 UTC 2005

Ubuntu Users,

	I can play MP3s in Rhythmbox, Quod Libet, and Xine. But I can not play
them in XMMS.

	What it does when I press play is the equalizer moves, the timer that
shows the remaining length of the song moves, and all visual indications
are that the file is playing.

	But no sound comes out of the speakers.

	I have downloaded every plug in from withing Synaptic that I thought
was related to MP3 playback. Perhaps I missed one?

	Is there something specific I need to do with XMMS to have it play MP3
files? Or perhaps does it need special settings to access my sound
drivers?

--
Dave M G