How to migrate from Evolution to Thunderbird

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Oct 20 23:31:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 11:28 +0200, Duncan Lithgow wrote:

> Which is why I refuse to try Evolution, I'm (almost) locked in! Very
> useful article though.

IF you want to get your hands dirty, install courier-imap and  getmail4
to create a local imap mail server. Download the mail from ISP by
getmail, and feed it into the imap server. Then configure your mail
clients for imap. Now you can try every mail client you want.
It's not that hard, instructions are on the web.

For addresses you would probably want openldap, but I have no experience
with that.

Regards,