using the terminal effectively

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Thu Oct 20 09:31:55 UTC 2005

christopher wrote:

> hi friends,
>
> i work on linux in our college.
> i have been using linux only after joining the college.
> and hence my knowledge of using it efficiently is limited.
> i would like to know how to use terminal effectively.

So would I. I have a related question...

Is it possible to see the commands an app is giving to the kernel
(forgive me if I'm confused) to I can learn by seeing how the different
aps interact with my system.

I'd love a little 'twist-down' arrow at the bottom of each app whihc
brings up a terminal where I can watch the commands fly...

Duncan