Does Ubuntu has a manual?

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:30:14 UTC 2005

As a member of the doc team, I should probably speak about this.

The official help is in 3 places:

Locally: System --> Help
Online (the same docs as locally): help.ubuntu.com
The wiki (which has a slight buyer-beware tag): wiki.ubuntu.com

As for ubuntuguide, the shipped FAQguide is a derivative of
ubuntuguide.org and for a while the author was cooperating with us.
However, communication broke down at his end and we decided that if we
canot fix the bugs in his guide, we can simply not recommend it. As
for a specific example, it used to be if you followed the changing
your sources.list blindly you would remove main. This is obiviously a
bad thing.

Hopefully this clears some things up.

Corey Burger
Ubuntu Documentation Team