Breezy upgrade disaster

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 20 05:49:17 UTC 2005

bastill at adam.com.au wrote:
> Quoting 'Forum Post <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org>,
> '@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com:
>

>> Can you get a terminal session going. If so try this:
>> sudo apt-get update
>> -(to make sure that the sources are upgraded)-
>> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>

> OK - did that, and it DID seem to help.
> Only 4 issues reported:
> Postfix not configured, hence niether were mailx, mutt or LSB-core.

I had something similar, it turned out my uprade didn't finish.
I ended up changing my sources to a mirror since it wasn't retrieving
some packages and then using a -f:
sudo apt-get -f dist-upgrade

After that X started working for me again and I used Synaptic to
unistall Postfix which then elimnated all those messages you mentioned.

Alex