to dual boot linux

AA asokanon at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 07:00:09 UTC 2005

Hello, I am currently dual booting windowxp and ubuntu
5.10 with no problems.  I want to know if it is safe
to allow two different linux installations to share
the same /home drive?
I have windows on one HD, then I have a second HD for
my / and swap, and a third that is my /home.  What I
want to do is split the / HD into two / partitions,
install ubuntu on one and install demudi on the other,
but I want to use the same /home HD for both.
Is this safe, or should I also split the /home into
seperate partitions for each OS?  Do I need to enable
the large file support for an ext3 partition of I will
be recording audio to it?
Thanks in advance,
SMH

Asoka Anon