boot floppy

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Wed Oct 19 06:02:35 UTC 2005

Hans Christian Andersen wrote:

>Does it matter what kind of emergency?
>I am working on a dual boot install with W98 (because ONE program seems
>to have no good alternative in Ubuntu), Ubuntu, and DSL
>Ubuntu installs grub and DSL installs lilo. The latter overwrote the
>mbr, and now I need a means to correct this.
>
>I would be grateful if someone would kindly give a CONSTRUCTIVE answer
>to my question: How do I use my install CD for booting (and not
>installing).

I have done this myself, but only one time, so I don't rember the
ditails... But You can bring grubb in to interaktiv mode att boot,
examen your system (serch for grub menulists etc),  configure grub and
write it to MBR. All You need is any media that boots with grub, both
the install and live CD shuld be good.

Read allot about grub.... Gogle on 'grub rescue' or 'grub interactive'
might help.

/LaH