Firewall

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Oct 18 15:30:51 UTC 2005

Timothy A. Holmes wrote:

Please don't include .sigs when replying. Most decent mail programs cut off
everything after the sig - so I had to extract your response before I could
respond.

> A quick follow-up -- I am trying to resolve some connection issues --
> one of my programs keeps telling me that im fire walled on TCP and UDP.
> I would like to TEMPORARIALLY (for troubleshooting) turn off the breezy
> firewall completely (so it is doing NO blocking of any sort) so I can
> determine where the problem is (ISP, Router, HW Firewall, Breezy
> Firewall) -- I am from the Fedora Core world where
>
> service iptables stop
>
> would do what I need, but breezy does not recognize the service command
>
> how should I proceed?

Create it?  I liked it so much, I made my own.

The synonymous command on Debian/Ubuntu is invoke-rc.d, and I created a
symlink "service" to that command.  otoh, you probably don't have a
workable iptables script either.  You may need:
            iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
            iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
            iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
            iptables -F