Labtec WebCam Pro

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Oct 18 16:08:35 UTC 2005

Duncan Lithgow wrote:

> Okay, I've looked everywhere and see mention of kernel modules, kernal
> patches etc ... I just want to use this camera which I bought because
> it's listed as being supported.
>
> Are the webcam drivers built in to the kernel? What do I need to do?
> I'm getting absolutely no response.
>
> $ lsusb
> blah blah
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:08a2 Logitech, Inc.
> blah blah
>
> that's the only thing showing up on usb (nothing but the camera and a
> usb power plug is plugged into usb)
>
> Any ideas on what to do?
>
> Duncan

Okay, I've found this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com//Spca5xx

kinda confusing - but here's hoping. I'm still not clear on whether
spca5xx is already in my kernel but faulty, or that it's not included.

here's some output

dulithgow at ubuntu:~/Desktop/spca5xx-20051001$ sudo modprobe spca5xx
Password:
FATAL: Module spca5xx not found.