tablet pc questions

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 19:43:43 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 15:09 -0400, 'Forum Post wrote:
> Yeah I have a tc1000 that i won in a raffle a few years ago and it has
> never worked right (freezes all the time) so I was wondering if it was
> possible to install Linux on it.  I'd prefer to use Ubuntu if I can get
> the pen and screen rotation to work, but if I can't, I'd be willing to
> use another distro.
>

> Any experiences or suggestions?
>

> --
> albrad84

Thus far I've had Debian Sarge and Mandriva 2006 on it, both via network
install. You do need a USB floppy drive though. With Mandriva I had
everything working except screen rotation.
http://groundstate.ca/TC1100 this helped lots with the Mandriva install.
With a USB CD/DVD drive I was able to get Ubuntu installed. Though, SuSE
9.3, Fedora 4 and Mandriva 2005 couldn't see the harddrive when I tried
them.

Well worth putting Linux on IMO.

nux