FreeDOS/Ubuntu on HP laptops?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Oct 17 15:04:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 09:41:47AM -0400, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
>roach wrote:
>>Hi,
>>Anybody manage to get their hands on one of these yet? I've tried - but
>>can't.
>>You're suppost to be able to order one of the listed laptops, with FreeDOS
>>pre-installed and a custom version of Ubuntu on CD.
>>Nothing on HP's site, HP Customer Services knows nothing and they don't
>>respond to my emailed queries.
>>http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/58780
>>http://www.ubuntu.com/support/custom/hplaptops/view?searchterm=laptop
>>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportMachinesLaptopsHewlettPackard
>

>For grins and giggles, here's what happened when the guys at The Register tried
>to buy one:
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/07/dell_linux_tough/

Just a little note, that's a story about buying a /Dell/ PC with Linux
(or no OS) pre-installed. It's funny though, worth the read :)

I hope HP is better, but the fact that this thread exists probably means
I'll be disappointed again...

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

his posting printed using 100% recycled electrons.