Configure problem

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 17 10:39:08 UTC 2005

Hi all,
am a relative newbie, and decided to do my first  configure,  make etc.
Have aquired a tar from "scribus" and unpacked it to ~/Desktop/scribus
the first step has got me confused, do I need to install a "C" compiler,
and if so any suggestions.

squareyes at here:~/Desktop/scribus/freedomyug_en$ ./configure --prefix
/usr/local
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
squareyes at here:~/Desktop/scribus/freedomyug_en$

Many thanks in advance
Take Care
Winton