How to boot an LTSP client?

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:16:20 UTC 2005

On 16/10/05, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2005, 17:05 +0100 schrieb Eamonn Sullivan:
> >
> > I've checked /etc/exports (it's sharing /opt/ltsp  *(ro,no_root_squash,async)
> > , and anyway, it must have loaded the kernel from somewhere), checked
> > the firewall settings (even turned it off at one point) and my
> > hosts.allow looks like this:
> >
> > portmap:        192.168.0.0/24
> > rpc.mountd:     192.168.0.0/24
> > rpc.statd:      192.168.0.0/24
> > in.tftpd:       192.168.0.0/24
> >
> > I still end up stuck in the same place. What else should I check?
> i dont know who put that nonsense about hosts.allow into the
> ThinClientHowto, its absolutely not necessary...
> remove that stuff, restart nfs-kernel-daemon and look if the client can
> mount its rootfs then...

Well, it doesn't hurt, because it's working now. I'll take those lines
out and if everything is still working, I'll take that section out of
the HowTo. (They probably don't add any real security.)

I'll also add a note about checking /etc/default/portmap and
commenting out the line that adds "-i 127.0.0.1"

-Eamonn