Printer help needed!

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Oct 16 01:19:04 UTC 2005

Hi guys

I've got Hoary running on a Dell C400, which is being beautifully
wonderful in general. Only problem is printing. I have a Dell 1700n
printer, which I use over a network. It used to work fine with RedHat
9, but doesn't work with ubuntu any more. I've tried a huge host of
different drivers in the System > Administration > Print widget, but
none work. I get the top bit of the test page, but the bottom never
prints. The top bit looks good though. The printer works fine when I
use it from my flatmate's windoze machine. I've tried installing the
Lexmark E332n drivers, but don't seem to either be able to use the
lexprint utility it installs, nor be able to access the drivers via the
System > Admin > Print widget. I'd be really really grateful if somebody
new a way out.

Thanks a lot already :-)

qhuys