deterioration with upgrades

Holiday eholiday at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 23:48:04 UTC 2005

On 10/15/05, Tim Littlemore <tim at tjl2.com> wrote:

> Holiday wrote:
>
> > You're going too fast, I think. It seems like everyday I was updating
> > half the system and each time another little piece of my system died.
> > What made you think you were at an official release? The calendar? The
> > calendar, right?
>
> You were updating your system so much before because you were using a
> preview release. There were a lot of bug-fixes and changes being made
> then. The number of updates has dropped dramatically now that the full
> release is out.
>
> Have you thought about maybe trying a clean install with the new final
> ISOs?
>
> Tim

I've thought of that, but I'd like to keep my data and config. Can I perform
a clean install without losing my data and config?
It's not that I have much but I've worked hard to get this system working
with my network and things like that.

I'll do it if I have to. Despite my little rant (I was tired) I really like
Ubuntu and want to stay with it, but my system is choking now. Ideally, if
things work out, I'll install to desktop too.