SuSE and Ubuntu

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Oct 14 23:23:02 UTC 2005

Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I am planning to dual boot (and maybe even have multiple boot) my PC
> with XP, SuSE and Ubuntu. A quick question: When I install SuSE (trying
> it out for mono based apps), how do I leave enough memory on the HD so
> that I can install Ubuntu. I know that when I install Win XP, it allows
> you to allocate certain space for the XP, leaving the rest of other OS.
> But I am not sure how to leave some space when I install SuSE for Ubuntu
> or vice versa.

I've never installed SuSE, so don't know how they manage partitioning,
but with Ubuntu, when installing, at the "Partition disks" menu select
"Manually edit partition table", and leave some unused space for SuSE.
(The two linuxes can share the swap partition.)

And as has already been said, Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger) has Mono 1.1.8
and various mono applications like Tomboy in the main repository.

HTH

John