IUbuntu install

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:05:50 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/8/05, vignesh m <feduntu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How to install Ubuntu from the harddisk.I have copied the iso image onto
> > fat32 partition.Please help.I know how to install rh9 etc from the
> > harddisk.I don`t find the dos utils folder here.

Do you have a link to the Redhat method? Perhaps that would give me
> (or us) a clue about what exactly you're trying to do.

A Google search turned this up:

Maybe the original poster is looking for some sort of DOS utility that
doesn't exist in Ubuntu (or RedHat, for that matter). Debian or slackware
may have such a utility.

I believe the RedHat instructions have some limitations -- I may be wrong
but I think something I read said fat32 is not supported by the installer.
Also, if you notice, the instructions assume you're running linux (not that
well-known proprietary OS from Washington USA) and you must have grub
installed.

IMHO it's a LOT easier to burn and boot from a CD... but if that's not
possible on your system (if it doesn't HAVE a CD, for instance) there may be
some trick you can develop!