ssh without password

shamsheer yousaf shamsheeryousaf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:54:44 UTC 2005

Try renaming the file on the server to authorized_keys2 .
Also another problem could be the permissions of the file authorized_keys2 .
It should ideally have the permission bits set to 0644 .........maybe that
could be the problem ...

Regards
Shamsheer

On 10/14/05, Reinhard Tartler <siretart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/14/05, David <david at kenpro.com.au> wrote:
> > I'm trying to use dsa key pairs so that I can ssh in a cron script
> without
> > passwords. I've generated the key pair, then copied the public key to
> the
> > server. Client is Hoary, and server is Debian Sarge.
> >
> > When I ssh, I get asked for a password. Is there some step I'm missing?
> Is
> > there something in the sshd_config or ssh_config that needs fixing?
>
> A less obvious reason for this behaviour could be wrong permissions of
> your home directory on the remote side. Try on the remote site
> checking /var/log/auth.log and /var/log/damon.log. Sshd should give
> you some diagnostics in this case.
>
> --
> regards,
> Reinhard

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!"
- "Salvor Hardin , Foundation " , Isaac Asimov